Pendry Hotels & Resorts Announces The Opening of
Pendry West Hollywood
Pendry West Hollywood to Reawaken West Hollywood with New Los Angeles Destination for Art, Design, Dining and Hospitality
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIF. (April 2, 2021) – Pendry Hotels & Resorts today announced the opening of Pendry West Hollywood, the latest property in the Pendry portfolio and the brand’s first hotel in Los Angeles. Developed in partnership with AECOM Capital, the real estate investment management arm of AECOM, and Combined Properties, a full-service real estate firm, Pendry West Hollywood brings 149 luxury guestrooms and 40 Pendry Residences West Hollywood by Montage Hotels & Resorts; The Britely private membership club; a multi-purpose live entertainment venue; screening room; bowling alley; Spa Pendry; state-of-the-art fitness center, and curated art collection featuring works from some of Los Angeles’ most exciting emerging artists and acclaimed international names to the iconic Sunset Strip. The opening of Pendry West Hollywood also heralds the return of celebrity Chef Wolfgang Puck to West Hollywood, with the debut of Merois and Ospero by Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group.
“We are pleased to debut our Pendry hotel in West Hollywood with our partners at AECOM Capital and Combined Properties. We have assembled an extremely talented team – all of whom are intimately connected to the project and the Los Angeles market,” said Alan J. Fuerstman, founder, chairman and CEO, Montage International. “The vibrancy of the city, coupled with the incredible programming and experiences guests and locals will have access to, will be a great addition to Sunset Blvd. and the city of West Hollywood.”
Pendry West Hollywood encompasses a full city block along the famed Sunset Strip at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Olive Drive in West Hollywood, providing unparalleled views of Los Angeles and immediate access to West Hollywood’s dining, shopping and nightlife. Designed by internationally acclaimed architecture and interior design firm Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects, and executed by Cuningham Group Architects with interiors by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio, Pendry West Hollywood redefines modern-day hotel design and urban living with bold interiors celebrating laidback California glamour.
“West Hollywood is undergoing a cultural revival, and through our art, design, culinary, wellness and entertainment offerings, we have created an exclusive guest experience unlike anything in greater Los Angeles,” said Michael Fuerstman, co-founder and creative director, Pendry Hotels & Resorts. “We’re passionate about designing a community experience for locals by locals and envision the hotel as a hospitality and entertainment anchor in the city.”
Pendry Residences West Hollywood by Montage Hotels & Resorts features a collection of only 40 private homes with panoramic views of Downtown Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and the vibrant cityscape. Owners will enjoy fully serviced living with access to exclusive amenities and personalized services including a dedicated staff, in-residence dining by Wolfgang Puck, a private resident entrance, rooftop pool, fitness center, lounge, boardroom and wine tasting room along with an outdoor garden deck. Residences feature generous two-to four-bedroom floorplans from 2,000+ square feet to over 4,500 square feet and include expansive private outdoor spaces with terraces up to 3,400 square feet for the ultimate California lifestyle.
Wolfgang Puck said of Pendry West Hollywood and Pendry Residences West Hollywood, “Sunset Boulevard has always held a special place in my heart. I’m so excited to be back with these new concepts.”
Pendry West Hollywood is home to the following dining, wellness and lifestyle concepts:
- Merois – Located on the rooftop of Pendry West Hollywood, with stunning views of Los Angeles from high above Sunset, Merois celebrates the open-air allure of the City of Angels with a menu that spotlights Chef Wolfgang Puck’s eye for the sophisticated subtleties of Japanese, Southeast Asian and French/California cuisine. Signature dishes such as Crispy Scale Whole Black Sea Bass and Japanese A5 NY Strip will grace the menu, alongside Vegan Sushi and Squid Noodles, made from thinly sliced calamari with Thai Basil in a Ginger-Garlic Clam Broth. Merois will initially open for guests and residents of Pendry West Hollywood, as well as members of The Britely by reservation only, beginning Friday, April 2.
- Bar at Merois – A rich, moody and modern space anchored by a central fireplace that welcomes guests for evening cocktails, an elevated menu of small bites and late-night conversation, the Bar at Merois features specialty cocktails including the Samurai Sword, featuring Hibiki Harmony Whiskey, Cointreau, Lemon, Rosemary, Ginger and Honey.
- Ospero – Located on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and Olive Drive, is the casual street-side European style café featuring a relaxed, all-day menu of neighborhood-friendly favorites including classic salads, handmade pastas, vegan dishes and renowned Wolfgang Puck house-made pizzas, fresh from Ospero’s wood-burning pizza oven. The restaurant will bring both indoor and al fresco dining to Sunset, with a thoughtfully designed outdoor terrace overlooking a beautifully landscaped piazza with views of downtown Los Angeles. Ospero will feature a full bar as well as takeaway offerings. Signature dishes include Burrata, Nicoise Salad with Grilled Tuna Steak, Ricotta Gnocchi with Braised Oxtail Ragout, and Grilled Atlantic Salmon with a Celery Root Puree and Barolo Glaze. Ospero specialty cocktails include Pepino’s Revenge, featuring El Tesoro Blanco Tequila, Cucumber, Basil and Lime; and the Smoldering Negroni, with Steel Aged Del Maguey Mezcal, Campari, Red Vermouth and Lemon.
- Bar Pendry – An intimate jewel box welcoming guests for private meetings, social gatherings and happy hour in a centrally located and beautifully appointed setting. Handcrafted cocktails, small bites from Chef Wolfgang Puck and unassuming service greets guests daily from afternoon to late evening.
- Spa Pendry – An urban sanctuary committed to creating a mindful escape through results-driven treatments aimed to enhance individuality through personalized and sophisticated offerings, Spa Pendry brings the latest in fitness, wellness, health and technology to West Hollywood. With four treatment rooms, including a couple’s room; nail salon; two eucalyptus-infused steam rooms; locker rooms; a tranquil lounge, and movement studio for fitness enthusiasts, Spa Pendry offers a wide variety of results-driven treatments. Spa Pendry features an incredible roster of innovative skincare; beauty and experiential wellness-centric brands, including PRIORI, a Southern California line of anti-aging, sciencedriven, adaptive skincare solutions with customizable special adaptations to choose from including the UNVEILED Red-Light Therapy Mask; and internationally acclaimed luxury skincare brand, BABOR, which will bring sustainability to the forefront of Spa Pendry with the debut of its environmentally-centric product line Cleanformance. Spa Pendry has partnered with The Hydration Room to offer customized Vitamin Injection and IV Therapies including an exclusive Pendry blend to help symptoms ranging from fatigue, stress and dehydration to immune support, jet lag revival and hangover detox. Pendry West Hollywood will also be the first Pendry property to launch a partnership with Health House, offering high energy and dynamic virtual fitness programming for Pendry West Hollywood guests.
- Events, Meetings & Groups – Pendry West Hollywood is a creative playground for special events, from the bowling alley to the grandest ballroom, an array of stylish spaces await gatherings of all kinds. The grandest ballroom measures 2,300-square-feet, fitting up to 200 guests in a reception-style setting, opening to the spacious foyer and outdoor Garden Terrace. The team at Pendry West Hollywood delivers on-site planning, state-of-the-art technology, and impeccable service to fulfill all occasions with precision and grace. The state-of-the-art screening room is an intimate, comfortable space with ample privacy for the most exciting showings, comfortably seating up to 20 guests.
For more information about Pendry West Hollywood, please visit www.pendry.com/west-hollywood/ or follow @pendrywesthollywood.
For more information about Pendry Residences West Hollywood by Montage Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.pendryresidencesweho.com.
# # #
About Pendry West Hollywood
Pendry West Hollywood marks the third Pendry Hotels & Resorts property in the new luxury hotel brand’s portfolio. Located at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Olive Drive in the heart of the iconic Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood features 149 luxury guestrooms and 40 Pendry Residences by Montage Hotels & Resorts. Guests and residence owners will have exclusive access to hotel amenities, including multiple food and beverage concepts driven by world-renowned Chef Wolfgang Puck, including Merois, the hotel’s signature open-air restaurant, and Ospero, a relaxed street-side café featuring neighborhood-friendly favorites. The hotel also includes a rooftop pool and bar, a multi-purpose live entertainment venue, a screening room, bowling alley, Spa Pendry and state-of-the-art fitness center, a private membership club, as well as a curated art collection. Pendry Residences West Hollywood by Montage Hotels & Resorts, the first Pendry Residences to open, is a collection of private homes offering a truly unique ownership experience. Developed by AECOM Capital and Combined Properties, Pendry West Hollywood provides both guests and residence owners immediate access to West Hollywood’s premier high-end dining, shopping and nightlife hotspots. For more information, follow @pendrywesthollywood or visit www.pendry.com/west-hollywood.
About Pendry Hotels & Resorts
Pendry Hotels & Resorts is a new luxury hospitality brand from Montage International. Pendry combines inspired design with a celebration of culture and authentic service tailored to today’s cultured world traveler. Founders Alan J. Fuerstman and Michael Fuerstman’s well-seasoned experience in the hospitality industry serves as the foundation for the brand. Each property is injected with a unique perspective on contemporary style, and an emphasis on the arts and local community in the city it calls home. The portfolio of hotels includes Pendry San Diego Sagamore Pendry Baltimore and Pendry West Hollywood. Opening later this year, includes Pendry Manhattan West, Pendry Park City, and Pendry Chicago. Opening in 2022 is Pendry La Quinta, Pendry Natirar, and Pendry Washington D.C. – The Wharf. Pendry Hotels & Resorts is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. For more information on Pendry Hotels & Resorts, follow @pendryhotels or visit www.pendry.com.
About Pendry Residences
Pendry Residences is a bespoke collection of private, whole ownership residential offerings at select Pendry Hotels & Resorts, a new luxury hospitality brand from Montage International. Pendry combines inspired design with a celebration of culture and authentic service. Created for discerning homeowners, each residential offering infuses a unique perspective on contemporary style that blends with the arts and local community. Pendry Residences West Hollywood by Montage Hotels & Resorts is the first collection of Pendry Residences to open in Los Angeles, California. The Pendry Residences portfolio under development includes: Natirar, New Jersey; La Quinta, California; and Park City, Utah. For additional information on residential opportunities, please visit www.pendry.com/residences.